Thank you for visiting The Duracell Company.
Trust is a cornerstone of our corporate mission.
Duracell privacy practices are consistent with:
- The European Union Data Protection Directive.
- The U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
- Fair information practices established by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Privacy Framework.
- Applicable country and local data protection laws, including Section 5 of the U.S. FTC Act.
Information Covered by This Policy
Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information, that could be used to identify you on an individual basis.
Information Duracell Collects
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs, create an account on our websites or in our mobile applications, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
* Email address.
* Postal address.
* Username and password.
* Telephone and/or fax number.
* Date of birth.
* Other household information about you and your family, such as gender or product use preferences and/or behaviors.
* Health information, such as health information related to product usage and medical history.
* Biometrics collected during volunteer consumer research studies (such as facial expression recognition, heart rate, and skin condition).
* Demographic information.
* Payment information (such as a credit card).
* Future communication preferences.
* Contact information for friends you may wish us to contact.
* Telephone number and recordings when you call our consumer line.
Information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online ads or promotions, or use our mobile applications or other services.
* Information about your device browser and operating system
* IP address.
* Web pages you view.
* Links you click.
* Duracell emails you open.
Information collected through Mobile Applications
When you download our mobile applications to your mobile device we may also collect information that you provide. We also automatically collect information through our applications.
The following are examples of the types of information we may automatically collect through our applications:
- Advertising ID or similar identifier.
- Information about your device’s operating system.
- Information about the way you use the application.
Your Choices about information collection through Mobile Applications
When you download our mobile applications to your mobile device, we may also collect information that you provide. We also automatically collect information through our applications.
Precise Location Data
Our mobile applications may collect precise location information from your device, if you consent to the collection of this information. We may use third-party service providers to provide location services using the location data you provide. You may opt out at any time to the continued collection of this information by adjusting the settings on your device.
Information Duracell collects from other sources
We may obtain information from other sources, including commercially available sources. Examples of information we may collect from other sources are:
- Postal address.
- Email address.
- Date of birth.
- Income level.
- Household information.
- Your interests such as hobbies and pets.
- Consumer and market research data.
- Purchase behavior.
- Publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, and user generated content.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined to help us improve our communications with you and to develop world-class products and services.
How Duracell Uses This Information
Duracell Business Purposes.
Duracell Business Purposes.
We use the information we collect to provide you products, offers and services, to deliver to you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests, and to conduct other Duraell business operations.
The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
* Answer your questions or respond to your requests.
* Send samples, premiums, products and information.
* Develop new products and services.
* Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers that you request.
* Create and manage your account.
* Process payment for purchases or other services.
* Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
* Send you email and/or postal messages with information about Duracell products and other content we think may be of interest to you, including brand and service information from carefully selected business partners.
* Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, including interest-based advertising.
* Personalize your experience on our websites by presenting products and information tailored to you.
* Allow you to participate in social sharing on our websites.
* Analyse the use of our products, services and advertising.
* Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers outside of Duracell. We share your personal information within Duracell and as described in this Policy. We do not share personal information with marketers outside of Duracell, unless you consent to such sharing, or as described within this Policy.
Co-promotions with Carefully Selected Business Partners
Duracell may collect personal and other information for a co-promotion or joint program with a business partner and share your information with that business partner. For these programs, we will make clear at the point of collection that the information will be shared with Duracell and the participating business partner and ask for your consent as required by applicable laws.
Third-party service providers
We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform the services we request, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
* Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
* Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications.
* Mail product samples, contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
* Analyse our data, sometimes combined with data from other sources, to send you communications.
* Conduct research and analyse data to improve our products, services and sites.
* Perform other services that we request.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To protect and defend the rights and property of Duracell (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
Personal Information Retention Period
Aggregated and non-personal information.
We share aggregated and/or anonymous information that does not identify you for Duracell business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to Duracell sites or services. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymous information with our business partners for their own business purposes.
Your Choices & Access to Your Information
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
You can stop receiving promotional email messages from Duracell by following the opt-out instructions provided in any such message you receive.
You can stop receiving promotional postal mail from Duracell by following the opt-out instructions that may be included within those communications.
Mobile Text Messages
We only send you promotional mobile text messages if you explicitly ask to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional text messages by following the instructions to opt out provided within that text messaging program.
PLEASE NOTE: We will honour your request to stop receiving promotional email, text and postal messages from Duracell. However, we may continue to send you service-related communications such as emails confirming purchases through our websites. And we may keep information for record-keeping, such as to ensure we fulfill consumer requests not to send particular types of messages.
We take steps to keep your personal information accurate. Many Duracell programs provide access to view or update personal information you provided when you registered online. Check where you registered to learn if you can view or update your information there.
If information access and update are not available where you registered, click here to select your country and to learn how to access and/or update the personal information you provide to Duracell. Duracell does not charge for this service and responds to reasonable requests in an appropriate timeframe.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Duracell and our third-party service providers use a variety of technologies to assess how our sites or mobile applications are used, to personalize your experience and to deliver you advertising, including online content, tailored to your interests. Some technologies we may use include the following:
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a site that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and your preferences, to provide to you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests and to assess how our sites are used. You can accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s).
You may receive interest-based advertisements, offers or other content as you interact with websites or mobile applications. Interest-based advertising is online advertising from Duracell and/or from our carefully selected business partners that is tailored to your interests and sent to your device using a cookie or other identifier assigned to your device. These cookies or other identifiers are placed in general interest categories that we infer from information such as:
- The web pages you view and links you click on Duracell websites and other websites you visit.
- Mobile applications you use.
- The Duracell emails you view and links you click in the email.
- Demographic data.
- Offline and online purchase data.
We have designed our interest-based advertising systems to deliver such ads to you based only on data that does not personally identify you.
We respect your privacy.
You can limit your receipt of interest-based ads on websites or in mobile applications by different means.
Your choices regarding receipt of interest-based advertising on websites: You can prevent your receipt of interest-based ads from Duracell on websites by deleting and declining cookies in your browser(s). You can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising on websites from companies participating in the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting [http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices]
In the United States, Canada, Latin America and European Union, you can visit the Ad Choices link here or on Duracell websites in those countries, where you can choose to opt out from receiving interest-based ads on websites. In European Union countries you can visit the [Cookie Notice] links at the bottom of Duracell websites in those countries, where you can choose to opt out from receiving interest-based ads on websites. Duracell will honour that choice.
Your choices regarding receipt of interest-based advertising in mobile applications.
Some newer mobile device operating systems allow you to limit the use of information to deliver interest-based advertising in mobile applications. You can check the settings on your device for such options in your device’s operating system.
Third-Party Advertising on Duracell Sites
We may allow third parties, including business partners and ad networks, to display advertising on sites. Some of these companies may recognize your device through cookies or other technologies each time they send you an online advertisement. This enables them to understand where you, or others who are using your computer, saw their advertisement and to deliver ads that they believe are of interest to you.
Links to Third Party Sites and Social Media
Social Networks and Third-Party Plug-ins
Social Network and Third-Party Login
Duracell is committed to keeping personal information secure. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for so long as deemed reasonably necessary.
Duracell may transfer your personal information within Duracell and/or to other third parties, such as our third-party service providers. Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country other than the one in which it was collected. This may include the United States. When we do so, we transfer the information in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
We have implemented procedures and controls to help ensure that personal information is protected no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to.
Children’s Online Privacy
We do not intend to collect personal information online from children under 13 or as defined by local legal requirements, except on sites specifically directed to children. On those sites we follow applicable data protection laws.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact Duracell directly. Click here to select your country and be linked to the correct postal and/ or e-mail address to use.
You can also write to us at:
The Duracell Company
Berkshire Corporate Park
14 Research Drive
Bethel, CT 06801
Duracell participates in the U.S. Council of Better Business Bureau’s (BBB) Accredited Business Program. Further information about this program and the BBB dispute resolution process is available at [http://www.bbb.org/online/consumer/default.aspx]
Privacy Complaints by European Union Citizens
Duracell self-certifies compliance with the U.S.-EU and Swiss Safe Harbor programs. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern. We cooperate with country data protection authorities if they believe that a privacy problem has occurred.
Duracell has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the U.S.-EU and Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Duracell, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.